If you work as a designer, musician, writer, photographer, or as any other artistic profession, you have probably been asked to “be creative.” But, what is meant by the word creative?
Marketing Agency Toronto: Our Perspective
It means something completely different to each client, to each manager, and even to each artist. From “I want the same as my competitors but different” to “Give me the same as we’ve had for the last years, but not quite,” most clients want something that they recognize from previous experience, and very few will want something that they have never seen before. That is why it is fundamental to find out exactly what your client means by the word creative. It’s probably different from your definition.
The Greats Define Creativity
Here are some examples of how the creativity is different to some of the world’s most creative and artistic people:
- “Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.” —George Lois
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” —Leo Burnett
- “What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.” —Buddha
- “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.” —Steve Jobs
- “Creativity is like washing a pig. It’s messy. It has no rules. No clear beginning, middle or end. It’s kind of a pain in the ass, and when you’re done, you’re not sure if the pig is really clean or even why you were washing a pig in the first place.” —Luke Sullivan
Qualifying Creativity in the Real World
An original way of producing ideas for some, a fortuitous thought for others. As one of the top marketing agencies Toronto we dedicate 100% of our resources to generating unique advertising campaigns and creative brand image material for each of our clients. And you, how would you define creativity?