The Young and Aspiring
Career advice for young aspiring digital marketers is like a gourmet block of fine cheese imported from France for mice. As more graduates enter the work force each year and digital marketing is moving at the speed of light, often the roles that new graduates are applying for are redefining their qualifications and needs every day.
As a young digital marketer myself, working in the industry has really made me appreciate those who are always challenging the landscape and coming up with new and inventive ways to make our industry even cooler. Lately I have been scanning through LinkedIn like I would have with Facebook 5 years ago, I’ve found that becoming a young professional has changed my interests from “what you did on vacation” to “what is Twitter, Airbnb, and Snapchat doing now?” Lately I have been making some great connections over LinkedIn and Twitter with like-minded individuals who love to share content about up-and-coming trends in social and where mobile is heading next.
Career Tips for the Socially Connected
Connecting and communicating with all of these great contacts has lead me to some amazing career tips from seasoned pros in the field that have truly inspired me. So to all those entry-level, digital savvy warriors out there thinking where do I start and is it just me- take it from me everyone has struggled and there is no defined path to success. But with the Internet, proper hashtags and a lot of hard work and determination, you can reach your goals.
Here is some great advice that I have found online lately through my personal social sphere:
- “If you want something then do it. Everything you have learnt through your education will play its part. Nothing is wasted, just a part of the journey”.- Vanessa Harvey @VYogaLife
- “BE PERSISTENT! It took me 9 months of interviews with 3 different resumes and 4 different managers, a presentation and multiple phone calls to land only a 3 month contract. But I was doing work I was passionate about so it was worth it”. –Trevor Ellestad @trevorellestad
- “Life isn’t a dress rehearsal; you have to go for it. But it takes hard work and dedication and you might not always get what you think you deserve. It doesn’t matter. Handle yourself with professionalism and remember that in business, your personal brand is your greatest asset. Mind your reputation and the rest will come.” Aliza Licht @AlizaLicht from Leave Your Mark
- “The straight and narrow is not the only path to success”.- Sophia Amoruso @Sophia_Amoruso from #Girlboss
- “A day off, doesn’t have to be an off day”- Kendall Cramm @kcramm93